On Wednesday, June 14th, Root & Rebound is offering, with help from LARRP and Center for Living and Learning, a special legal training for people with criminal records and their loved ones on legal barriers and how to navigate them. Using our Roadmap to Reentry legal guide, you will learn how to identify legal barriers to people with criminal records and what steps you can take to overcome legal obstacles. Using Root & Rebound's new family & children toolkit, attendees will be empowered to help themselves and their loved ones create reentry plans for stability and success!
Root & Rebound will also be hosting a legal clinic where people can have confidential one-on-one meetings with Root & Rebound's reentry attorneys to discuss issues they're having due to their criminal record. Root & Rebound can provide general legal information at these clinics, though not legal representation.
RSVP here. Please forward this information to any of your loved ones, clients, co-workers and friends who would benefit from this one-of-a-kind workshop!
- WHEN: Wednesday, June 14th at 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- WHAT: Training and legal clinic for people with criminal records, their loved ones and their supporters to learn about legal barriers and navigating them.
- WHERE: El Proyecto Worksource Center, 9024 Laurel Canyon, Sun Valley, CA 91352
- WHO: People with criminal records and their loved ones.
- RSVP & COST: Attendance is free for people with criminal records and their loved ones; professionals will be charged a small fee. RSVP here.
- Please note: Attendees will have a Family & Children Toolkit and a Roadmap to Reentry. These are also available online for free as PDFs. The guide and toolkit will be available for free to formerly-incarcerated people and their loved ones and for a small fee to professionals.
We hope you join us on Wednesday, June 14th. Please contact Emily Juneau, Staff Attorney at Root & Rebound, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (510) 279-4662 with questions or to learn more.