FREE Access to Justice Day: Telephone Reentry Legal Clinic for People with Arrest and Conviction Records


Monday, Apr 27, 2020


An attorney will call you during your scheduled appointment time.

Por favor encuentre más información sobre la clínica en español más abajo.

This is a FREE legal clinic for residents of Alameda County who have arrest or conviction records!

If you would like help but do not live in Alameda County, please call our Free Reentry Legal Hotline which operates every Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.  Our Hotline phone number is 510-279-4662 and it is free and open to anyone in California with a reentry-related legal issue, question, or concern, including those who are incarcerated.

WHEN: Monday, April 27th from 10:00am to 4:00pm

WHEN: Speak to a lawyer on the phone and learn about your legal rights with an arrest or conviction record! At this telephone clinic, we will be providing record-cleaning services and legal information about navigating barriers because of your record related to employment, housing, public benefits, family & children, immigration, parole & probation, and more!

During this virtual clinic, our lawyers can answer questions related to your record or reentry like the following:

  • “Can I expunge my record?”
  • “Can I change my felony to a misdemeanor?”
  • “Can I challenge my parole or probation conditions?”
  • “Can I transfer parole or probation to a different county?”
  • “What can an employer ask about my criminal history?”
  • “I was fired because of my background check. Can I challenge that?”
  • “Can I join my family in their housing if I have a criminal record?”
  • “Can I get visitation or custody rights with my children if I have a record?”
  • “Can I change how much child support I owe?”
  • “Can I get a professional license with a record?”
  • “What are my rights and options for going back to school after prison/jail?” 

HOW TO PREPARE: If possible, please have a “RAP sheet” (a copy of your criminal record) for full record-cleaning services on hand.  For information on how to get your RAP sheet, please visit bit.ly/RAPSHEETOAK. If you need support getting a RAP sheet/or a copy of your record contact us at 510-279-4662.

Appointments are highly recommended. We may not be able to accommodate calls that were not scheduled in advance.

En Español

QUIÉN:  ¡Esta es una clínica legal GRATUITA para residentes de los condados de Alameda que tienen un registro de arresto o condena!

Si desea ayuda pero no vive en el condado de Alameda, llame a nuestra línea directa legal de reingreso gratuito que funciona todos los viernes de 9:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m. Hora del Pacífico. El número de teléfono de nuestra línea directa es 510-279-4662 y es gratuito y está abierto a cualquier persona en California que tenga un problema, pregunta o inquietud legal relacionada con el reingreso, incluidos aquellos encarcelados.

CUANDO: Lunes 27 de abril de 10:00 a.m. a 4:00 pm

QUE: Hable gratis con un abogado por Teléfono y aprenda sobre sus derechos legales como una persona con antecedentes penales! En la clínica, ofreceremos servicios legales gratis para limpiar antecedentes penales e información legal que le ayudará navegar obstaculos a causa de antecedentes penales – incluyendo el empleo, la vivienda, los beneficios públicos, familia e hijos, inmigración, libertad condicional (parole y probation), y más!

Ejemplos de preguntas que nuestros abogados pueden contestar en la clínica incluyen:

“¿Puedo limpiar mi historial de antecedentes penales?”
“¿Puedo cambiar mi delito mayor a un delito menor?”
“¿Puedo retar mis condiciones de la libertad condicional (como parole o probation)?”
“¿Puedo transferir mi libertad condicional a otro condado?”
“¿Qué puede preguntar un empleador de mi historial criminal?”
“Me despidieron de mi trabajo después de una verificación de antecedentes. ¿Puedo retar?”
“¿Puedo vivir con mi familia en su vivienda si tengo antecedentes?
“¿Puedo obtener derechos de visitación o custodia con mis hijos?”
“¿Puedo modificar mis cargos de manutención de los hijos?”
“¿Puedo conseguir una licencia ocupacional con anetecedentes?”
“¿Qué son mis derechos y opciones para regresar a la escuela después de encarcelamiento?”

CÒMO PREPARAR: por favor de tenga su historial de casos criminales (como una “hoja de RAP”). Si tiene preguntas sobre como obtener su “hoja de RAP”, por favor llámenos al (510) 279-4662. Para información adicional por favor visite bit.ly/ESPANOL_RAP Si tiene preguntas sobre como obtener su “hoja de RAP”, por favor llámenos al (510) 279-4662.

Citas son recomendadas. Las personas sin cita serán alojadas si es posible.


Monday, Apr 27, 2020


An attorney will call you during your scheduled appointment time.